Sunday, January 27, 2013

Valentine's Day


Valentine's Day is 18 days away and I can't wait. I know I should hate the day because its just a silly made up holiday and you should express the love you have for that special person everyday...Blah, Blah, Blah. I agree that you should make everyday special for your lover but what's wrong with having a specific day to go all out. I love it when someone surprises me with flowers, cooks me dinner and gives me gifts. I can also admit that I love when my man sends my balloons and flowers to work. The looks you get while walking through the office with an arm full of teddy bears, balloons and chocolates. THOSE LOOKS GIVE ME LIFE! Now I have spent a few V Day's alone and I still choose to celebrate. I round up my non-bitter single friends, head out to a club and shake something. Valentine's Day does not have to be for couples, use the day to treat yourself. A lot of people I know don't take time to pamper themselves. Working 12 hours a day, raising kids and everyday life can wear you down. Buy yourself some flowers, chocolates and shoes if you don't have someone to gift them to you.


No comments: