Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A/S/L

The year was 1997, my cousin Tiana had just got a new computer and on that computer was AOL. Me and my cousin Taneisha had no clue what it was, but we need knew it was something good!

`
We started chatting and have been hooked ever since. Years have passed since that first taste of online chatting. I have been on everything College Club, BlackPlanet, MySpace, tagged, Facebook. You name it, I've tried it. For me it was exciting, it was something new.  I remember going to Black College Weekend and seeing a lot people I chatted with online.

So are we still Internet dating in 2013? If so, what sites are we using now? Is there an age limit? And why is there still a taboo about online dating? I remember when a past coworker was having a baby shower, we all were excited about it until she said she met her new boyfriend on Plenty of Fish! We all had the same face, that 'you really met a guy online and now your having a baby with him' face.

I have yet had a bad experience with meeting people online. I have also met a few people, but I was ready to judge! There was a lot of side eye and smart comments about that coworkers situation. So my question about online dating is, Who's still doing it and what sites are you using?

1 comment:

LeVance Gordon said...

I remember College Club, and I lived for Black Planet